Brighton & Hove LGBT Switchboard has been operating since 26th April 1975 and is both a registered company (company number 3920445) and a registered charity (charity number 1088133)
Brighton and Hove LGBT Switchboard recognises the diversity of the LGBT community and seeks to provide a range of services that are accessible to, and meets the needs of, the entire community.
Switchboard will proactively reach out to excluded and marginalised sections of the LGBT communities, such as women, those who identify as bisexual and transgender, people affected by HIV, LGBT people from the black and minority ethnic (BME) communities, and LGBT people with disabilities to ensure that all sectors of the LGBT community are able to use Switchboard’s services and thus achieve better emotional and mental health.
Switchboard’s value statement defines the way in which all trustees, employees and volunteers aim to work, the value statement can be summarised as FALCON.
• To all our service users.
• To all our staff, volunteers, and those we work closely with.
• We promote and embrace diversity and equality of opportunity in our service delivery, and employment and volunteering opportunities.
• We aim to cultivate an environment where continuous learning opportunities are provided for trustees, volunteers and employees to ensure that service delivery is of the highest standard and consistent with current best practice.
• All trustees, employees and volunteers are committed to being professional in work practices, and in personal values and attitudes.
• We are committed to remaining passionate about the work and the people we provide services to.
• We are committed to providing services of the highest quality.
• We aim to be honest and open with our service users and other stake holders.
• We aim to enable our service users to communicate honestly and openly with us.
• We aim to foster an environment where honest open communication is encouraged by trustees, employees and volunteers.
• We recognize and embrace the diversity of the LGBT community.
• We respect the rights and abilities of individuals to make their own choices free from judgment.