We’re Recruiting Listening Volunteers!
Switchboard is looking for volunteers to help staff our LGBTQ Helpline, which is currently open on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Listening Volunteers answer phone calls, emails and web-chats to support LGBTQ+ people. At present, all of our work is being carried out remotely due to the pandemic.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate about supporting other members of the LGBTQ community
- Good listeners who want to develop their listening skills even more
- Organised, reliable and comfortable using computers and smartphones
As a volunteer you’ll need to commit to:
- Three sessions of online training
- Two shifts a month once you’re qualified.
If you are interested in applying please fill out our online application form here.
This application is the first step of the recruitment process. The second stage is an interview. Applications are open until 9am Tuesday 25th May.