2020 marks Switchboard’s 45th anniversary, but it has also been one of our most challenging years yet. Throughout the pandemic we have seen demand for our services grow, demonstrating that we are needed now more than ever.
On top of this, our biggest fundraising opportunity of the year, Brighton Pride, was not able to happen in the same way. This has had a huge impact on our finances as we are reliant on our fundraising income in order to provide our services.
In the spirit of the season of giving we are asking individuals and businesses for their support in keeping Switchboard Switched On by entering our festive raffle. This will help us to raise vital funds so we can continue to support the most vulnerable and isolated people in our community.
£5 will buy you one raffle ticket, and £20 will buy you a strip of 5 tickets.
As well as making a real difference to the work we do with LGBTQ communities, the more you buy, the better your chances of winning one of twelve fantastic gifts kindly gifted to us by local businesses in Brighton and Hove.
The winners will be drawn at our virtual festive soiree on Thursday 17th December, and everyone who enters the raffle will receive an invitation.
We’re also asking businesses with a bit left over from their Christmas Party budget this year to consider a donation to Switchboard from your organisation. We are happy to provide impact updates to all businesses who donate, as well as complementary training to significant donors. If you know a team who might like their usual afternoon of turkey and tinsel to instead support LGBTQ people in need across the city, please put them in touch at email@example.com
- One nights stay and cocktails at boutique hotel Artist Residence Brighton
- Gin hamper and two premium VIP tickets to Sussex Gin Fest 2021 from 3eventsonline
- Food hamper, bottle of Prosecco and a £20 food voucher for Fatto a Mano
- Signed copy of ‘This Book Will Make You Kinder’, print and pair of enamel pins by artist and writer Henry James Garett
- Vegan treat box from Cactus Kitchen Gals
- Fosse Meadow free range organic chicken from Barfield Butchers
- Bottle of Brighton Gin from Brighton Gin Company
- Fruit hamper from Fiveways Fruits
- Ploughmans lunch from Gourmet Girls
- Portrait photography session by Nick Ford Photography
- £20 gift voucher from Real Patisserie
- Magnum of Champagne from Victoria Nursing Group
If you have any dietary requirements which would affect the raffle prize you’d like to receive please let us know when you make your donation. We will do our best to accommodate your request.