LGBTQ Inclusion in Healthcare Settings
This 2.5 hour workshop is interactive, engaging and reflective and will provide a safe environment for participants to understand and mitigate some of the barriers for LGBTQ people in accessing and using healthcare services. Research shows that LGBTQ people experience health inequalities in a variety of ways, which impact on worse health outcomes. The session includes awareness-raising about LGBTQ identities. This workshop is suitable for teams working in primary or secondary healthcare services.
- To understand a range of LGBTQ identities and the language used to describe these
- To understand some general health inequalities and other challenges experienced by LGBTQ communities
- To have a basic understanding of the requirements of the Equality Act
- To explore steps that healthcare facilities can take to be more inclusive of LGBTQ service users and staff
- To review information for signposting people to LGBTQ specific support